Legal Issues and Drones
John W. Mashni will be speaking at the 2015 Michigan Agri-Business Association (MABA) Winter Conference Jan. 13. John’s presentation covers legal issues surrounding UAVs and drones. Click here to view Power Point slides for John’s talk.
To stay up to date on the most recent UAV and drone news, click here to receive all of our updates.
The FAA has released several helpful summaries of the current state of the regulatory landscape. Below are a few of the most helpful links:
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems
- Section 333 of the FAA Modernization and Reform Act of 2012
- Know Before You Fly (YouTube video)
- Know Before You Fly (brochure)
- Press Release - FAA Offers Guidance to Model Aircraft Operators
In addition, here are some recent news items regarding UAVs (drones):
- Expect heavy FAA drone regulations
- Pilot wins case against FAA over commercial drone flight but also see FAA can regulate drones
- Has this drone revealed the Star Wars film set?
- Chernobyl Flyover
- Drone Market Grows at CES 2015
- Cow Drone Herding
- The 7 Best Agricultural Drones on the Market Today
- As FAA stalls on drones, a push for a smaller win
- UAV regulation debate drones on
- Current Unmanned Aircraft State Law Landscape
- Drone Market Resembles Silicon Valley's Early Days (We have identified that the following link is no longer active, and it has been removed)
- Co-inventor of beloved Roomba vacuum sets her sight
- FAA Asks Local Law Enforcement For Help Policing Use Of Small Drones
- Drone strike! Our photographer injured by TGI Friday’s mistletoe copter
If you attend the 2015 MABA Winter, we hope you enjoy the presentation!
John brings a unique perspective to Foster Swift with his practical experience as an entrepreneur, business owner, and manager. He focuses in the areas of business, tax, intellectual property and entertainment.View All Posts by Author ›
- Cloud Computing
- Venture Capital/Funding
- Radio Broadcasts
- Employee Benefits
- Did you Know?
- Digital Assets
- Intellectual Property
- Electronic Health Records
- Domain Name Registration
- Fraud & Abuse
- Social Media
- Trade Secrets
- Tax-Exempt Organizations
- Personal Publicity Rights
- IT Contracts